Dr. Shadi AlShaikh Dental
The clinic’s principal address is located at Jumeirah 1, Al Wasel Road, Villa 246, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Regarding any issues with this policy, we may be contacted via our contact form on our webpage at www.drshadialshaikh.com or via email at email@example.com.
In order to properly administer the services, we offer, we may collect the following kinds of information about you:
- Personal details such as, but not limited to: name, date of birth, gender, insurance number, address, telephone number, email address, occupation;
- Information, records, scans, photographs, models, treatment plans, consents, and medical histories about your dental and general health;
- Correspondences or notes from other health professionals or institutions involved in your care;
- Payment details and transaction history;
- Online and social media information and activity, based on your interaction with us, our website, and/or social media accounts;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform including browsing actions and patterns for statistical purposes; and
- Any other personal information you provide to us.
How Information Is Obtained
Information may be obtained in the following, but not limited to, manners:
- By filling out forms at our practices, through social media, or on our website;
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, chat or otherwise;
- Through the technology you use to access our services;
- Sources that are available to the public, such as social media; and
- Third Parties – This includes information you provide when you visit our websites, for the purpose of booking an appointment, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site.
Cookies are small text files that are stored by a website browser on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work in a more efficient way. They do this by recognise you and remembering important information that will make your use of a website more convenient.
One may set their browser not to accept cookies, however doing so may impinge on the performance, features, abilities, and services offered by the website.
Our website, like many others, employs the use of third party cookies, to help us improve the performance of our website, services, digital marketing, and to provide you with a better user experience.
Cookies monitor activity throughout our website using third-party providers. We track which sources are effective at helping visitors find our website, make calls to us, navigate journeys throughout, and pages visited. We may use IP addresses, geo-location data, and caller telephone numbers as well.
We may use collected personal information for the following, but not limited to, purposes:
- To perform our relationship with you, including to handle any queries or complaints;
- To manage our social media or online relationship with you;
- In some cases, we may request additional consent incases with added video, photograph, or content usage.
- To provide you with the dental care and treatment that you need;
- This requires up-to-date and accurate medical and dental information about you.
- To conduct patient surveys or for quality control purposes;
- To determine appropriate contact methods, typically through SMS, WhatsApp, telephone, email, or newsletters;
- To use information collected for dental research or dental education purposes;
- In some cases, we may request additional levels of consent and whenever possible, we will anonymise information.
- To showcase the practice’s abilities through video, social media, and other marketing avenues; and
- To inform about latest products and services available at our practice.
Our website, events, promotions, social media, content, blogs, and materials provided are intended for use by individuals 18 years or older, and we do not knowingly collect personal information relating to anyone under the age of 18 years.
However, in some cases we may collect limited personal information related to individuals under the age of 18 if they are connected and authorized by an associated adult with the legal ability to consent for the minor.
If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a minor under the relevant age without parental consent, we will take all necessary steps to delete that information.
The clinic, and Dr. Shadi AlShaikh enjoy using social media whenever possible for content and marketing purposes via popular social platforms such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and TikTok. All associated social media accounts can be found on the clinic’s website.
Please note that social media and our website are public entities. Therefore, if you want to keep your information private, please request from us that we do not post any content about you on these sites. If you do not specifically opt out of this, the clinic and Dr. Shadi AlShaikh reserve the right to use such content for the purpose of marketing the clinic and its services through such public forums.
If you use certain social media features from within our website or connect with us via our social media pages, the privacy policies of those companies will apply. Please read them carefully before you share your information with us and others as these companies may have different standards of protection of information than we do. Neither the clinic nor Dr. Shadi AlShaikh hold any responsibility or liability over the privacy of your information given or received via social media or other third party sources.
Sharing Of Information
Typically, your information is used by those working at the clinic and with Dr. Shadi AlShaikh, but there may be instances where we need to share it – for example, with:
- Your local primary care doctor or dentist;
- The hospital or community dental services or other health professionals caring for you;
- Dental laboratories and service providers we work with;
- Private dental schemes of which you are a member; and
- Debt collection companies.
We also may share your information with third parties in order to execute our practices, marketing abilities, and deliver the following services to you:
- Managing new enquiries from our website, chat, or social media;
- Contacting you to check if you wish to remain a client of ours;
- Sending reminders for your dental appointments;
- Processing online booking appointments;
- Collecting feedback from our patients;
- Advertising and marketing purposes;
- Managing email communications to our patients; and
- Providing troubleshooting and support services for our various IT systems
We will only disclose your information on a need-to-know basis and will limit any information that we share to the minimum amounts that are necessary.
In certain circumstances we may need to disclose your information to third parties not connected with your health care, such as law enforcement or government agencies, if and when required by law.
How Information Is Kept Safe
We employ administrative, electronic, and physical security measures to ensure that the information collected is protected from access by unauthorised persons and protected against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who need to know due to their business relationship with us. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy. You can make a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a right to correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us at email@example.com to request a change in information.
You have a right to request that we delete your personal information, although you should be aware that, for legal reasons, we may be unable to erase all information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to to make this request.
You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information for example, sending you reminders for appointments or information about our service. Please contact us at email@example.com to make this request.
You have a right to data portability, which includes supplying your information to other healthcare professionals. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request.
If you have any concerns about how we use your information, please contact us at email@example.com.